As from the 1st July 2011, by law we are required to provide a repair notice to consumers before accepting goods for repair. Please read the below points. For further information on the ACL visit the website www.consumerlaw.gov.au
- The repair of your goods may result in the loss of any user-generated data, please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your goods. (TLM can back up your data for a set price, please inform us if you would like us to do this)
- During the process of repair, some or all of your stored data may be lost. Please ensure that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair. (TLM can back up your data for a set price, please inform us if you would like us to do this)
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- A repairer must provide this repair notice regardless of whether or not they know, prior to inspecting the goods, that they will use refurbished parts in a particular repair or supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repair.
- User-generated data is any data stored on goods, such as:
- files stored on a computer hard drive
- telephone numbers stored on a mobile telephone
- songs stored on a portable media player
- games saved on a games console
- files stored on a USB memory stick.
The Laptop Man Terms and Conditions
An item can be held for 7 days with a 20% deposit, after 7 days the item will return to stock and the deposit is not refundable.
Second-hand Machines come with a 3 Month Hardware Warranty which does not include the battery. All items remain the property of The Laptop Man Pty Ltd until paid in full. Customers may be liable to pay interest on overdue amounts at the rate of 12% per month until paid in full, plus all costs of recovery. The Laptop Man Pty Ltd utilise the services of Marshall Freeman Collections for debt recovery.
Refund Policy –
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong selection. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, wrongly described, different from a sample shown to you or don’t do what they are supposed to do.
Job Log In’s –
All due care is taken of your goods while at The Laptop Man. In the unfortunate event of any cease of operation to your hardware or user data, we will not be held responsible. For a standard fee, we can back up your data before work is commenced. Upon job completion, we will attempt to contact you, if our attempts are unsuccessful after a period of two months the item will be repossessed and disposed of. If data is backed up onto our server, it will be deleted 1 month after job completion. The work performed will only be of that stated by you in the job description listed on the Job Login Quote sheet, if this information is incorrect please contact us immediately otherwise a second charge may be applied if the job is returned. Virus removal is warranted for 48hrs only, as a computer can get viruses back on it in minutes if the user clicks on unsafe web sites.
A minimum diagnoses fee of $77 applies to all jobs booked in. Quotes on computer repairs can be difficult sometimes as we may have to fix the issue to know what the cause is. Any work done will not exceed the amount of $250 per machine unless prior consent has been received by you.
The Laptop Man aims to have all jobs diagnosed and/or repaired within 48hrs. Cases where special parts and/or your approval is needed we will attempt to call you; if you don’t hear from us in 48hrs please call us and quote your job log in/Quote number. Warranty jobs tend to take longer than 48hrs due to us having to wait on third party warranty companies.
Jobs are completed on a first in first served basis. If your repair is urgent please request to have high priority put on it; doing this will attract a $95 fee on top of the repair cost.
Repairs to personal devices (Smart Phone etc) –
When repairing personal devices that have suffered damaged from a significant force there is chance that a further fault may arise once the item is dismantled. This commonly happens as a fracture to the electronic components which may stay in place until the screws have been removed which in turn releases the pressure causing irreparable damage to the device. TLM will not be held liable for this. The customer agrees and understands that there is a large amount of risk doing a repair on an item that has already been damaged. Parts used are NOT genuine parts as they are far too expensive. All repairs may void your warranty. Repairs are done at your own risk. Any completed repair may develop further symptoms that develop after the repair is completed; this happens most often if the item has been wet.
Payment Policy –
All items and repairs must be paid for before we release them. On site work must be paid for upon completion unless prior approval has been given.
Unfortunately due to increase fraud, payment by cheque and/or EFT Moto must be cleared before goods can be released.
A 30 day credit account can be arranged and approved by way of application. See in store for more details.